Daily tasks that were once simple can become more challenging as individuals age and face hurdles such as loss of hearing, sight and memory. Several senior hacks that can make each day easier through this stage of life.
Allegro is highlighting clever ‘Hacks’ or ‘Shortcuts’ to help seniors overcome common hurdles that often accompany older age.
– Ask for a map of your local grocery store and map out your route beforehand to reduce walking. Shop early or late in the day to avoid crowds. Better yet, use Peapod to have groceries delivered to your door.
– Use dark colored switch plates and outlet covers against lighter colored walls so that you can quickly identify their location(s) in a room.
– Take advantages of phone apps to help remind you each day when pills should be taken. Check out the app Pillieboxie.
– Put a sticker on pill boxes after you have taken pills that day.
– Sign up for Amazon Prime subscriptions to have basic household items shipped to your door each month.
– For those struggling with hearing loss,
Continue Reading »