As you plan for the future, keep in mind that your needs will change and you may not need these care types in a sequential order.
Determining a care level for a senior living resident is a very complex process, and several factors and assessments go into this evaluation. A formal evaluation will have to be completed by a healthcare professional at your senior living community to determine an accurate care level. This information is intended to give you a general idea of which option might be best. It does not replace the advice or assessment of a medical professional.
Below are some example scenarios to help determine which senior living option is best for you or a loved one. This is a tool to get you started as you plan for your future.
If these scenarios below sound familiar, you might consider a community that offers Independent Living:
- I am finding that daily activities and responsibilities around the home are getting more challenging and taking away from hobbies and activities that I enjoy.
- I can bathe independently.
- I can get dressed on my own.
- I still cook meals on my own but it would be nice to have company during mealtime.
Read about Robert, an Independent Living resident, to learn how Allegro helps him continue to lead a full and active lifestyle.
A Day in the Life of Robert
If these scenarios below sound familiar, you might consider a community that offers Assisted Living:
- I am finding that daily activities around the home are getting more challenging, on top of the fact that I need more help with personal care items at home.
- I need bathing equipment set up for me.
- I need help laying out clothes for the day.
- I need help getting ready in the morning.
- I need someone to help with cooking.
- I need someone to assist me with taking my medications.
Betty is an assisted living resident. Learn about her life at Allegro.
A Day in the Life of Betty
If these scenarios below sounds familiar, you might consider a community that offers Memory Care:
- I need more guidance in day-to-day activities and safety at home is starting to become a concern.
- I need someone nearby or one-on-one assistance while I am bathing.
- I need someone nearby or one-on-one assistance while I am getting dressed.
- I need someone nearby or one-on- one assistance while getting ready in the morning.
- I need someone nearby or one-on-one assistance with taking my medications.
- I need someone nearby or one-on-one assistance with meal preparation.
Allegro's Ensemble program helps seniors like Alice with their Memory Care needs.
A Day in the Life of Alice