Why Now is a Good Time to Move to a
Senior Living Community
Are you wondering if it’s a good time to move to a senior living community? You’re not alone. The pandemic has many seniors and their families wondering when it’s safest to move. We have been closely monitoring the situation and believe that now is a safe time for you to join a community – especially for those who have been isolated alone at home.
Benefits of Senior Living Now
At Allegro, we believe that moving to a community now can help keep you safe and social:
- A reliable environment. At home, you might be relying on expensive delivery services or have repair people and other technicians coming into your home, which may be exposing you to more risk. At Allegro, we can take care of your housekeeping, laundry and groceries for you – and you have reassurance knowing our associates are taking every precaution necessary to keep you safe.
- A safe moving experience. We have special move-in protocols in place to protect you, our other residents and our associates from exposure. We’ve successfully moved many people into our communities this summer with no exposures.
- A sense of community. Life doesn’t stop during a pandemic, and neither do we. From balcony birthdays to traveling happy hours, to arts and crafts, we’ve found fun ways to stay together while staying apart.
Safety is Our Top Priority
Allegro has added extra precautions during the pandemic, and they’re working:
- Testing our associates. In addition to temperature checks twice daily, all Allegro associates complete a coronavirus test every two weeks.
- Wearing masks. Our associates wear masks and use other protective gear, like gloves. Residents wear masks when outside of their apartments.
- Cleaning and sanitizing. Cleaning has always been important to us, but we’ve kicked it into overdrive. Surfaces are routinely wiped down, and we’re using specialized fog equipment to sanitize the air in public spaces.
- Staying up to date with the latest recommendations. We are closely following guidance from the CDC and the states where we operate. Whenever we learn about new developments, we quickly enact any new requirements to keep our communities safe.
For everyone’s protection, we continue to be cautious and will stop new move-ins at a community if infection rate there reaches 2% or higher.
A Place Where Everyone Belongs
Another important issue in our country today is ongoing racial injustice. Allegro is a company that promotes diversity and inclusion. Since our founding, we have consistently invited the best people to work with us without bias or distraction. We continue to stand in solidarity with our associates, residents and their families, and are committed to listening, learning and providing an environment free of racial inequality.
If you’re looking for a safe, trusted, respectful and friendly senior community, we’re ready to welcome you.
Join us at Allegro.