In honor of Alzheimer’s Awareness Month, Allegro is focused on food that inspires and nurtures the body and brain. Here is a recipe for Memory Bark and an overview of all brain health benefits that come with this delicious snack.
Prep Time 2 hours: Yields approximately 1 lb.
- ½ lb. Dark Chocolate Ghirardelli morsels
- ½ lb. Semi Sweet Ghirardelli Morsels
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Cardamom
- ½ cup each of roughly chopped dried blueberries and dried strawberries
- ½ cup each of toasted chopped slivered almonds and walnuts
- 3 Tablespoons of unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 teaspoons of flax seeds
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Melt ¼ pound each of Semi-Sweet and Dark chocolate morsels over a water bath. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the final ¼ pound each of the Semi-Sweet and Dark chocolate morsels into the already melted chocolate. Now stir until everything is melted and the chocolate is cool to the touch but not hard. Finally, sprinkle the cinnamon into the warm chocolate. When
Continue Reading »